Dr. Fakhralddin Elfakki,
DEPARTMENT OF FAMILY AND COMMUNITY MEDICINE, COMMITTEES ON CLINICAL RESEARCH, STRATEGIC PLANNING; PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR, COLORECTAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAM
Clinical Trials; Community Trials; Alternative and Complementary Medicine; Degenerative Diseases
Full profile here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fakhralddin-elfakki-6a877790/?msgConversationId=6548062020997124096&msgOverlay=true
Fakhralddin Abbas Elfakki, MBBS, M.D., MHPE.
Academic Title: Assistant Professor of Community Medicine (Epidemiologist)
- Teaching: Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Research Methodology.
- Community-Based Practice Module Coordinator
- Training in Problem-Based Learning.
- Experience in Curriculum Development & Medical Education.
- Clinical Research Mentoring: over 7 years.
- Name: Fakhralddin Abbas Elfakki
- Nationality: Sudanese
- Birthdate: 29 Nov 1977
- Marital Status: Married, and father of 4 children.
- Current Address: Saudi Arabia, Tabuk, Hay AlRawdah near Tabuk University, Doba Street
- Permanent Address: Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, PO.Box: 102.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact telephone number: (00966) 535817539 (Saudi Arabia)
- Mobile telephone number: 00249129413414 (Sudan)
GCSRT, (Global Clinical Scholars Research Training) 2019
(Graduate certificate course in the clinical trial)
Harvard Medical School
MHPE, (Master in Health Professions Education) 2016
Maastricht and Suez Canal University, the Netherland
Clinical M.D in Community Medicine 2013
Sudan Medical Specialization Board, Khartoum, Sudan
Diploma, (Diploma in Epidemiology & Biostatistics) 2008
University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Khartoum, Sudan.
M.B.B.S., (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) 2005
The University of Khartoum, Faculty of Medicine, Khartoum, Sudan
Certificate of NCBE-Web-based Training course 2019
Bioethics Online Training Course
Certificate Training of Trainers Course (TOT) 2013
Redr UK (People and Skills for Disaster Relief) UKaid, Khartoum, Sudan
Licensing Certificate of Saudi Commission for Health Specialties 2013
Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
Certification, Respondent-Driven Sampling and HIV Surveillance in High-Risk Groups 2010
Andrija Stamper School of Public Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Certificate, Training Course in Proposal writing and Research Methodology 2009
Centre for Continuous Professional Education and Development, Khartoum, Sudan.
Conferences and Workshop:
Saudi International Conference for Medical Education 2014
Qassim University, Buraydah, KSA
Evaluation of Learning outcomes for health sciences 2014
Al-Ghad Training Centre, Riyadh, KSA
Teaching Epidemiology and Biostatistics for Clinicians (Obs. and Gyne) Candidates for MRCOG 2008
Sudan Medical Specialization Board
Teaching and Mentoring:
2017-present: Assistant Professor
Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Research Methodology, Clinical Research
University of Tabuk Medical College, Tabuk, KSA
- 2nd year (MBBS): Research Methodology, Biostatistics
Community-Based Practice Module (Module Co-ordinator).
- 4th year (MBBS): Advanced Community Medicine Module.
- 6th-year Clinical Research Training.
2016- 2017: Health and Development Expert
- Vision Health Consultancy, Khartoum, Sudan (Founder)
2013- 2016: Assistant Professor & Head Department of Health Management
- Al-Ghad International Colleges for Medical Sciences, Qassim, KSA.
- Teaching Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Environmental Health, Health Management.
March 2013- August 2013: Mentor Medical Supervisor for TB Project,
Medicin sans Frontier (MSF-OCB), Sudan Mission, Khartoum, Sudan
Jebel Awliaa locality, southern suburbs of Khartoum State
July 2012: Health Monitoring Consultant
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Darfur Project on Human Resource Development,
2010-2012: National HIV/AID Surveillance Officer: Sudan National Aids Program
- Conduct an integrated Biobehavioral Surveillance Survey (Team Leader).
- Training: Respondent Driven Sampling among Vulnerable groups.
Leadership & Administrative:
- Clinical Research Training Program Coordinator: University of Tabuk, KSA
- Coordinator of Research Committee, University of Tabuk, KSA.
- Quality Supervisor: Department of Quality and Accreditation University of Tabuk, KSA.
Research (Employment & Training):
- Assistant Professor 2017- present
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Tabuk, KSA
- Teaching Clinical Research, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics, to medical students.
- Redesigning the Research Committee in the faculty of Medicine, University of Tabuk.
- Editor 2018 –present
Journal of Clinical Trials in Degenerative Diseases
- Review 3-4 papers annually, not more than 30 days for each paper.
- Help to promote the journal in other journals or at academic conferences.
- Research Forum Supervisor: 2019
Supervisor: Student Research Forum
Join the rtment of Student activities & Research Committee
University of Tabuk, KSA
- Clinical Research Training Coordinator: 2019
Coordinator: 6th Student Clinical Research Training Course
Department of Post-graduate Studies & Research
University of Tabuk, KSA
Clinical (Training and Employment)
- 2007: Internship (Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Orthopedics Surgery: Soba, El-Fashir, Port-Sudan Teaching Hospitals)
- 2006: Internship (Surgery, Obs. & Gyne, ENT : Khartoum Teaching Hospital, Khartoum, Sudan)
- Member of the International Association of Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection (PHAP)
Rue de Montbrillant 87, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
- GFMER (Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research): Member
- GCSRT (Alumni of Global Clinical Scholars Research Training, Harvard Medical School): Member
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics Professional Group: Member
To establish a strong network of research professions and preventive medicine leaders from all over the
Globe who are able to lead real changes and reforms in the field of population health, operational
Research and Epidemiology.
To provide sound technical advises and consultancies in the field of sustainability, population health,
Epidemiology, and operational research.
To lead and advocate professional practices in conducting operational research in the field of
Population health, epidemiology, and operational research.
Competencies and Skills:
- High performer with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience in designing Staff development programs.
- Experience in workshop design, management, and coordination.
- Experience in designing research proposal (Observational & Pragmatic Trials).
- Experience in data planning, collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Experience in reviewing proposals, writing the literature, result, and discussion.
- Expert in leading and moderating professional meetings.
- Online Research mentor for MD Thesis and MSc proposal writing from different medical specialties and disciplines especially graduates of Sudan, Saudi and Arab Medical Boards as well as global medical researchers (https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/1051227)
- Leader of Integrated Bi-behavioural HIV-surveillance Survey and population size estimation exercise for the 15 northern Sudan state (Sudan National Aids Control Program 2010-2011), Sudan Ministry of Health, Khartoum, Sudan.
- Develop TB infection control training manual for Health workers at the level of TB-Management Units (Medicine Sans Frontier -Belgium, TB project, MSF-B, Sudan Mission 2013), Khartoum
- Chairperson of the impact mitigation Technical Working Group on HIV/AIDS to advise a national strategic plan for HIV in Sudan (Sudan Ministry of Health 2009).
- Curriculum analysis and design proposal of Al-Ghad Colleges for Applied Medical Sciences 2016.
Grant Writing Skills
- Trained in grant writing: GCSRT Harvard Medical School, USA.
- Effectiveness of a new integrated colorectal cancer screening system in Saudi Arabia: a randomized clustered trial (Accepted in the first phase)
Funded by: RDO-MOE (Research and Development office at the ministery od Education
KSA) grant for research support 2019.
- Evaluation of family physicians’ practices, knowledge, and beliefs in promoting healthy lifestyles and weight management of obese subjects in Saudi Arabia, 2018, (Fully accepted: ongoing).
Funded by: the university of Tabuk Deanship of Research
- Effectiveness of self-care educational Program among Saudi Diabetic Patients attending Governmental Health Centers: A Pragmatic Randomized Trial, (Fully accepted: ongoing).
Funded by: the university of Tabuk, Deanship of Research Tabuk
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles/Abstracts
- Counseling strategies for nutritional anemia by family physicians in Saudi Arabia, 2016: implication
Elfakki, F. A. M. (2017). Counseling strategies for nutritional anemia by family physicians in Saudi Arabia, 2016: Implication for training. Family Medicine and Community Health.
- The Effects of Sodium-glucose Cotransporter-2 inhibitors (SGLT-2-i) on fatty liver, steatohepatitis, liver fibrosis, and Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Effectiveness of a new integrated colorectal cancer screening system in Saudi Arabia: a randomized clustered trial