Doctor's name here
- Bachelor Degree:
2000: Future University. Khartoum, Sudan. B.Sc. Honor Computer Science.
2002: Khartoum University. Faculty of Mathematics. Khartoum, Sudan. M.Sc. Computer Science.
2011: FIT, Multimedia University, Malaysia. Ph.D. (Faculty of Information Technology)
- 2013 - Current: Assistant Professor, Tabuk University
- 2010 – 2013: Management and Science University, Malaysia. Senior Lecturer.
- 2003-2007: National Ribat University. Khartoum, Sudan. Lecturer .
- 2002-2005: Computer Man College for Computer Studies. Khartoum, Sudan. Lecturer.
- 2000- 2002: Future University. Khartoum, Sudan. Teaching Assistant
- 2003- 2007: Sudan Atomic Energy Commission. Khartoum, Sudan. IT Consultant.
- 2002-2004: Touch &Technology Company. Khartoum, Sudan. Programmer & System Analyst.
- Multimedia Database Management.
- Game Level Design
- Game Programming
- Mobile Programming.
- Mobile Application Development
- E-commerce (MBA).
- Human Computer Interaction.
- Information System Design.
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Introduction to Software Engineering.
- Advance Software Engineering.
- C and C++ programming languages.
- Data Structure.
- System Analysis and Design.
- Database Management System.
- Operating Systems.
- IT Project Managment
- Mobile Phone Security: A study on developing applications to remotely secure mobile phones. Seed Grant. Management in Science University. Malaysia. Position: team leader. 2011.
- Presidential Palace (Reception System / Work-Flow System): Contractor with Touch & Technology – 2002. Position: Team Leader.
- Alpha (Integrated Information Systems): Private Contract – 2001. Position: System analyst and programmer.
- Abdel Moniem Medical Factory (Account, Stock, Purchase, Sales, And Payroll system). Private Contract – 2001. Position: System Analyst and Programmer
- Student Record System for Ribat University: 2005. Position: Team Leader.
- Patient Record System for Sudan Atomic Energy Commission – 2003. Position: Team Leader.
- Protection System for Sudan Atomic Energy Commission (Registration and Work Flow) – 2004. Position: Team Leader.
I am supervisor for
- Madam Ruzi Bachok. PhD candidate in Management and Science University :Research title: A study on enhancing students’ performance using educational data mining.
Expected completion date: Jun 2015.
PhD Co-supervision: I am supervisor for
- Mr. Mohammed Hashim. PhD candidate in Management and Science University Research title: A Study on Usability Measurements for Visually Disabled People’s Computerized Systems.Expected completion date: Jun 2014.
- Mr. Mohammed Irsyad. PhD candidate in Management and Science University Research title: Rule-based method for verifying requirement documents. Expected completion date: Jun 2014.
RESEARCH AREA OF INTERREST
- Software Engineering. (Software Process Modeling; Software Testing, Software Product Line)
- Knowledge Management.
- Artificial Intelligence. (Intelligent modeling).
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Abdelrahman Osman Elfaki, A rule-based approach to detect and prevent inconsistency in the domain-engineering process, Expert systems, in press, 2015.
- Abdelrahman Osman Elfaki, Khaled M. Alhawiti, Yahya M. AlMurtadha, Osman A. Abdalla, Asim A. Elshiekh, Supporting students’ learning-pathway choices by providing rule-based recommendation system, International Journal of Education And Information Technologie, Vol 9, 2015.
- Elfaki, A., Fong, S., Aik, K., Md Johar, M., “Towards Detecting Redundancy in Domain Engineering Process Using First Order Logic Rules”. International Journal of Knowledge Engineering and Soft Data Paradigms. Vol. 4, No. 1, 2013.
- Elfaki, A., Abouabdalla, O.A., Md Johar, M., Aik, K., Fong, S. Introducing First Order Logic as a Variability Modeling Technique (Technical Report). MSU journal Vol 10(1) June 2012.
- Elfaki, A., Abouabdalla, O.A., Md Johar, M., Aik, K., Fong, S., Bachok, R. “Review And Future Directions Of The Automated Validation In Software Product Line Engineering” Journal of Theoretical?l and Applied Information? Technology. Vol. 42 No.1, Aug. 2012.
- Fong, S., Elfaki, A., . Md Johar, Aik, K., M. Investigative Study towards the Development of Mobile Language Translator, International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications(JDCTA), Volume 6, Number22, December 2012.
- Fong, S., Elfaki, A., . Md Johar, Aik, K., M. “Investigative Study towards Development of K-Jawi Presentation Tool”, International journal of computer applications. Volume 49, No.6, July 2012.
- Elfaki, A., Tan D., Khalip S., Fong, S., Aik, K., Md Johar, M., The Pianist: Musical Mobile Application, International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM) Vol 6, No 4, 2012.
- Elfaki, A. Md Johar, M., Aik, K., Fong, S., Bachok, R. “Students Learning Pathway: represent and validate the Knowledge using a variability modeling technique” In Arabic “المسار التعليمي للطالب: نحو تمثيل وتصحيح المعرفة باستخدام اسلوب النمذجة التنوعية” , Communications of the ACS, ISSN 1090-102X. Vol 4. No1. 2011.
- Elfaki, A. Md Johar, M., Aik, K., Fong, S., Bachok, R. “Towards Representation and Validation of Knowledge in Students’ Learning Pathway Using Variability Modeling Technique”, international journal of computer science issues. ISI, DBLP. Vol. 8, Issue 3, No. 2, May 2011.
- Elfaki A., Phon-Amnuaisuk S., Chin- Kuan H:” An Interactive Method for Validating Stage configuration”, journal of software engineering and applications, 6(3), ISI, DBLP. 2010.
- Elfaki, A. Software Product Line - Advanced Topic. InTech publisher. April 04, 2012.
- Elfaki, A. Software Product Line- A Ruled-Based Approach: Automated validation of software product lines using first order logic rules. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. March 2012.
- Yucong Duan, Christophe Cruz, Abdelrahman Osman Elfaki, Yang Bai, Wencai Du,” Modeling Value Evaluation of Semantics Aided Secondary Language Acquisition as Model Driven Knowledge Management”, in “Computer and Information Science”, Editor Roger Lee, Springer International Publishing, pp 267-278. 2013.
- Elfaki A., “Automated Verification of Variability Model Using First Order Logic” book chapter in “Managing requirements knowledge” Ed. Walid Maalej, Anil Kumar Thurimella. Springer/Computer Science Editorial. 2013.
- Elfaki A., Muthaiyah S., Hussan I. , Phon-Amnuaisuk S., Chin- Kuan H. Knowledge Representation and Validation in a Decision Support System: Introducing a Variability Modeling Technique. In book Efficient Decision Support Systems: Practice and Challenges – From Current to Future, In TECH publisher. September 09, 2011.
- Elfaki A., Phon-Amnuaisuk S., Chin- Kuan H: “Investigating Inconsistency Detection as a Validation Operation in Software product Line book chapter in “Studies in Computational Intelligence” Springer, 2009.
International Conferences and workshops:
- Elfaki, A., Bachok, R., Duan, Y., Du, W., Md Johar, M.G., Fong, S.; Towards measuring of E Learning Usability through User Interface, International Conference on Advanced Applied Informatics (IIAI AAI 2013), Matsue, Japan. IEEE., 2013.
- Elfaki, A., Duan, Y., Du, W., Md Johar, M.G., Fong, S.; Designing Learning Object Repository Using First Order Logic, International Conference on Advanced Applied Informatics (IIAI AAI 2013), Matsue, Japan. IEEE, 2013.
- Yucong Duan, Abdelrahman Osman Elfaki, Wencai. Releasing the Power of Variability: Towards Constraint Driven Quality Assurance, Du4th International Conference on E-Service and Knowledge Management (ESKM 2013), Japan, 2013.
- Fong, S. Elfaki, A. ; Md Johar, M.G. ; Aik, K.L.T., Mobile language translator, 5th Malaysian Conference in Software Engineering (MySEC), 2011, IEEE, Dec. 2011.
- Elfaki; A., Johar MD., Aik, K., Fong, S. Learning Object Repository: Introducing a Rule-Based Method as a Conceptual Design Technique. Proceedings of 2010 Third International Conference on Education Technology and Training, IEEE.2010.
- Elfaki A., Muthaiyah S., Hussan I. , Phon-Amnuaisuk S., Chin- Kuan H,: Defining Variability in DSS: An Intelligent Method for Knowledge Representation and Validation, 43 Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), ,IEEE, ISI, Hawii.USA, 2010.
- Elfaki A., Phon-Amnuaisuk S., Chin- Kuan H:” Modeling Variability in Software Product Line using First Order Logic”, SEAR09, ISI, DBLP, IEEE, 2009.
- Elfaki A., Phon-Amnuaisuk S., Chin- Kuan H.:’Using First Order Logic to Validate Feature Model’. In the proceeding of third International Workshop on variability modeling of Software-intensive Systems. Sevilla, Spain,DBLP, 2009.
- Elfaki A., Phon-Amnuaisuk S., Chin –Kuan H.:’ Knowledge Based Method to Validate Feature Models’. In the proceeding of First International Workshop on Analyses of Software Product Lines (ASPL’08)’, collocated with SPLC08. Limerick, Ireland, DBLP, 2008.
- Elfaki A., Elshek N., Hussan I., Sultan W.:’Introducing Feature Model as a knowledge representation method in KBDSS’. In the proceeding of REDICE08, MMU Cyberjaya, 2008.
- Elshek N., Wei C., Elfaki A.:’ Factors that may affect the uses of computer-based DSS based on KM in medium size companies’, In the proceeding of REDICE08, MMU Cyberjaya, 2008.
- Elmusharaf, M., Elfaki, A., Elsawi. A., ‘Measurement of E Learning Usability through User Interface’, in the proceeding of DCCA-07, Jordan 2007.
ادارة مشاريع تقنية المعلومات
ادارة مشاريع تقنية المعلومات
|Office Hour||Office Hour|
|Office Hour|| |
ادارة مشاريع تقنية المعلومات
ادارة مشاريع تقنية المعلومات
Research & literature 1
Automated Verification of Variability Model Using First Order Logic” book chapter in “Managing requirements knowledge” Ed. Walid Maalej, Anil Kumar Thurimella. Springer/Computer Science Editorial. 2013.
Abstract: Verification of the domain engineering is motivated by two reasons: (1) the huge size of the software assets and (2) the possibility of changes in business rules or in stakeholders’ needs which affect the structure of the domain engineering. To solve this problem of verifying software product line (SPL), we propose set of rules to verify four operations: inconsistency detection, inconsistency prevention, dead feature detection, and false-optional feature detection. Scalability is a key factor in measuring the applicability of the methods dealing with the domain engineering. We generated experiments for testing the scalability of our approach. Our experiments results show that our approach is scalable.
Research & literature 2
Towards Detecting Redundancy in Domain Engineering Process Using First Order Logic Rules”. International Journal of Knowledge Engineering and Soft Data Paradigms. Vol. 4, No. 1, 2013.
Abstract: Software product line (SPL) is an emerging methodology
for developing software products. SPL consists of two processes:
domain-engineering and application-engineering. Successful software product is highly dependent on the validity of a domain engineering process. Therefore, validation is a significant process within the domain-engineering. Anomalies such as dead feature, redundancy, and wrong-cardinality are well-known problems in SPL. In the literature, redundancy did not take the signs of attentions as a dead feature and wrong-cardinality. The maturity of the SPL can be enhanced by detecting and removing the redundancy from the domain engineering. This paper proposes first order logic (FOL) rules for detecting the redundancy in domain-engineering process. Detecting redundancy in the domain engineering direct is our contribution. Our methodology comprised of three steps:
1 variability is modelled in the form of predicates as a prerequisite
2 for each type of the redundancy, a general form is formulated to swathe all possible cases
3 FOL rules are illustrated to implement each possibility based on deducing the results from predefined cases. As a result, all forms of redundancies in the domain-engineering process are amorphous. Finally, experiments are conducted to attest the scalability of our
|عنوان المرجع||وصف المرجع||رابط المرجع|