Functions of the Committee
1. Studying standards of scientific research, evaluation of these standards, and the University's relationship with the community in order to obtain a comprehensive understanding of best practices of scientific research.
2. Collecting, analyzing, and evaluating indicators and data on the activities related to these standards; and submitting all this data to the Planning and Drafting Committee.
3 - Preparing and propagating for the project of developmental study and academic accreditation by informing the faculty members and members of the society about the project and the opportunities available to participate in it.
4 - Conducting interviews with faculty members and representatives from different sectors of society; distributing questionnaires to gather information to compare the current situation with the best practices of the proposed standards; and providing the obtained results to the Planning and Drafting Committee.
5. Forming focus groups of faculty members and representatives of various sectors of society; asking them to fill in some evaluation forms of the proposed standards; and providing these forms to the Planning and Drafting Committee.
6- Discussing reports issued by the Planning and Drafting Committee about interviews, focus groups and questionnaires; and highlighting any significant differences in points of views of different groups.
7. Describing the steps to develop strategic plans and objectives for scientific research and community service at the University; preparing a report on the progress towards achieving these objectives; and evaluating the effectiveness of mechanisms of monitoring, planning and achievement.
8. Evaluating the work of the research centers at the University of Tabuk and the Deanship of Community Service by examining the information obtained from results of the focus groups, questionnaires and annual reports.
9. Identifying strengths, weaknesses, and special challenges in processes related to the proposed standards; and recognizing areas of improvement and priorities for improvement.
10. Recommendations of procedures that could be taken to improve the quality of performance of these standards.
11. Reviewing the final report of self-study before sending it to the National Center for Academic Accreditation and Evaluation; and making necessary modifications especially regarding the two criteria.
12. Making all necessary preparations before the visit of the external auditors.
13. Carrying out any other related tasks.