About Faculty

About Faculty

     The Faculty of Science in Tabuk was established in 1426 H (2005 G) as a branch of the King Abdul Aziz University, by the decision of the Council of Higher Education and the decree of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques (Prime Minister and Chairman of the Board of Higher Education). At that time, it consisted of Mathematics and Physics departments only. It was absorbed by the new University of Tabuk just after it was commissioned in 1427 H (2006 G). Currently, there are six departments at the Faculty of Science: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry and Statistics. These departments offer the B.Sc. degree that contributes to graduation of Saudi competencies.

       The Faculty of Science is known for its prestigious staff in its departments. In the year 1431-1432H the faculty members were 186 member; including professors, associate professors, assistant professors, lecturers and demonstrators. At the same year, the number of students in the B.Sc. programs in the different departments in the faculty was about 1057 male and 677 female, and these numbers are growing. The first group of students that graduated from the faculty in the second semester 1430-1431H was 130 male students.  

     A M.Sc. program in mathematics started recently at the beginning of the first semester 1431-1432 H. The study plans and academic programs for the faculty departments were developed and reviewed, and they were adopted in the fifth faculty council 1430-1431H.

     The Faculty of Science has a special building for male students, which is located in the University City on the main UT campus in the outskirts of Tabuk city, and the female building is located in Mahrajan, a borough of Tabuk city. All these buildings have the offices of the staff, classrooms, and state of the art equipments and labs required to prepare students to have scientific and practical skills to help them exercise their role in society. The faculty seeks to prepare a set of advanced research laboratories to be the foundation for scientific research at the university.